Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

strange log entry after Apache:ASP install

Status
Not open for further replies.

turnbui

Programmer
Jul 23, 2005
GB
Hello folks,
I'm in need of some help please. I've had my Apache on WinXP Home for a while with Activeperl819. I decided to do the Apache:ASP install BUT a problem.

The server still starts up OK:-
[notice] Apache/2.2.2 (Win32) mod_perl/2.0.3 Perl/v5.8.8 configured -- resuming normal operations

but trying to execute a simple
<%
$Response->Write("Cong");
%>
I get this in the log.

can anyone help out pls. In ASP.pm it is around
sub get_dir_config {
my $rv = shift->get(shift); //this is line 2009
Thanks
Can't locate object method "get" via package "APR::Table" at C:/Perl/site/lib/Apache/ASP.pm line 2009.\n at C:/Perl/site/lib/Apache/ASP.pm line 2009\n\tApache::ASP::get_dir_config('APR::Table=HASH(0xdae040)', 'Global') called at C:/Perl/site/lib/Apache/ASP.pm line 269\n\tApache::ASP::new('Apache::ASP', 'Apache2::RequestRec=SCALAR(0xdae01c)', 'C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/ianstht...') called at C:/Perl/site/lib/Apache/ASP.pm line 181\n\tApache::ASP::handler('Apache2::RequestRec=SCALAR(0xdae01c)') called at -e line 0\n\teval {...} called at -e line 0\n

You need to ask this on the Apache or Perl forums. The Apache:ASP package is simply a Perl package with objects similar to those that are offered by ASP. Other than having similar names and methods, there is no crossover. The web server is different, the syntax is different, the execution model is different, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back