Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange Keyboard Activity

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkeduhsd

IS-IT--Management
Oct 4, 2002
US
I have a workstation that every now and then will start having keyboard issues. The issue when you hit a key such as "F" then Windows will bring up the "Find" program. I am guessing that the end user maybe accidentally hitting a key combination to cause this to happen however I am unable to duplicate the problem. If anyone could help with this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

JK

That sounds like a stuck Ctrl key, or something was pressing it while he was typing.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

Disable Sticky Keys:

Control Panel, Accessability Options, Keyboard. Uncheck the Sticky Key box.

Is it only on capital "F"? If so make sure it is Shift + "f" and not Ctrl + "f" that is pressed.

Check too as some keyboards have a Function Lock key that can do this if in the locked position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back