Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange job that i can't cancel 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fenster67

IS-IT--Management
Mar 1, 2006
US
I have a job that I can't cancel, that has no job id, no nothing. it shows the start time and it never cancels, even if i restart my master server. any ideas?

Does the job show what client or what media server it is running from and if it is a backup/restore/user backup? If it is a backup perform the bpps -a command on a linux or unix client and look for the backup process (bpbkar) . Once you find the PID you can perform a manual kill command if necessary to clear out the job.

It also may be necessary to restart the media server processes as well but I would start with the client processes first. Please keep in mind when/if you decide to restart the media server you make sure nothing else is running to the media server at that time. Good Luck!

We ran into this same issue. Jobs that only depicted a Job ID. VSupport recommended the following, and it fixed the issue:

Bring NBU down on the master.

Go into the following directories and delete all the files:

Unix:
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bsched.d
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bprd.d

Windows:
\<install_path>\veritas\netbackup\bin\bpsched.d
\<install_path>\veritas\netbackup\bin\bprd.d

Restart NBU on the master server.

Those phanton jobs should be gone from the activity monitor.

Thanks,
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back