Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange Issue with SSIS package - Flat file source does not show the FIRST ROW in preview mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joydeep Sen

Programmer
Feb 25, 2017
IN
Dear all,

I have currently facing a strange issue with one of the SSIS packages I am working with.

My SSIS package is the simplest one which is reading from a flat file and writing into a sql table.

the flat file looks like below
flatfilestructure_etezqy.jpg

The flat file does not have any header name defined.

Now we have created a Flat file connection manager which looks as below
flatsource1_xnuwoo.jpg

flatsource2_gddixl.jpg

flatsource3_fshwc0.jpg

flatsource4_gzju1x.jpg

The strange problem is that THE FIRST DATA ROW which is

"2017/02/18","2017","02","18","0023","DB","0026215959 ","ENOTRIA WINECELLARS LTD "," 29,149.09"," 20,000.00","2007/11/03"

is not shown in the preview, and for the same reason when we are loading the data into the table the first line of data is missing.

What could be the reason for this? Is the first data row is some how getting overwritten by the columns we added?

Please help here. I am breaking my head on this for hours still no luck

Thanks in advance.

Cross posting on different forums is not quite a good thing.

Post on one forum, and if you don't get a reply in a few days then post on another - not at the same time.

Answer given on the other forum, which is also visible on the screen shots above is the header flag being set.

Regards

Frederico Fonseca
SysSoft Integrated Ltd

FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back