Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange Illustrator preview mode, need to turn it off

Status
Not open for further replies.

krillo

Technical User
Feb 15, 2007
SE
Hi!

One of my workers managed to (I guess) turn on some sort of preview mode in Ill. CS3. What now happens if you want to hide a shape under another you cannot, they shine through. Filled color gets hidden but the outlines show through one another like. I can only guess this is some sort of preview mode so you could find shapes that were lost or hidden. But I want to turn it off.

...is view > preview turned on?

...also check the layers palette, it is possible to target objects to be set to preview as opposed to the whole artboard...

...in the layers palette is an eye ball next to every element, look through to see if there are any that are white in the pupil, normally they are solid black...

...if you find one, press command/control + click on that eye and it will toggle preview mode on or off...

Andrew

...to add...

...the quicker way is to have nothing selected and turn view > outline off...

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back