Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange error

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrsub

MIS
Oct 23, 2002
US
From time to time, I get this error. Running OS9.2

-------------------------------
Network Time Error

The Date & Time control panel cannot open Open Transport. Use the system software CD to reinstall the Open Transport software.

-------------------------------

OK. Now there is nothing on he CD to reinstall for Open Transport. All networking is fine, TCP/IP and Appletalk.

I though it was the battery because when I switched it out, t stopped for a while but the current battery is fine. The time is current and gets regular updates.

What gives?

Are you on dial up?

Sounds as if you have it set to update every 12 hours and when you are not online, it can't connect to get online. (Which is wise) if it can't dial up, it can't get to a time server.

If you are always online, I have no idea.

I tried to remain child-like, all I acheived was childish.

It is a business use system and if the error popup is closed out, it pops up every hour on the hour.

NTP isn't blocked. All the other Macs (identical in hardware/software) are setup exactly the same. That's why this one is a bugger.

I even stopped getting NTP updates on this machine, changed to time to something way off, changed back to NTP and it updated fine.

Did anyone ever solve this one. I am getting it as well. Not even using NTP. ??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back