Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange (?) error on BCM 3.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagnaRGP

Technical User
May 19, 2005
CA
Have any of you seen these errors on the alarm banner on a BCM 3.7? It comes up as component ID GenPort and error ID 22, but I can’t find that ANYWHERE in docs or in Knowledge base. These come up about 5 times every few seconds and within 5 minutes of warm reboot, the BCM has over 10000 critical errors in the alarm banner.

\Device\Gpd0PC Compatible Eisa/Isa HAL.Translated

\Device\Gpd0Gpd0.Translated

Thanks for any info you can provide. I’m thinking about a full power off and re-seat of everything, but want to be sure I arrange with the customer and have everything ready in case I need to re-image. Patches are near, but not quite current.

Cheers.

Looks like a windows Hardware Abstract Layer error I suspect you either have a faulty component that is not working correctly or corrupt drivers, a re image should fix it,if not you may need to replace the BFT..

If its not broke tweak it..

That's kind of what I was thinking, but I would like to try to avoid the re-image if possible.

Do you think a platfor init might resolve the issue?

Thanks.

I don`t really know what a platform init actually does, well I know why you need to do it, but not what the actually modifications to the system...

It could also be a sign that you HDD is failing

If its not broke tweak it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back