Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange Error from Crystal Report Viewer in .NET

Status
Not open for further replies.

linuxjr

Programmer
Jun 2, 2001
US
Hello everyone,
I am at my wits end trying to figure this problem out. I have installed a web portal on one of my clients machine that volunteered to help with beta testing. After installing all the files and configuring all my reports work great except one. When I run this particular report I see that it's passing parameters correctly and logging on to the database correctly like all my other report dialogs. This one gives me an error saying ParameterList -
Use the ParameterFieldInfo property to specify parameter fields. I am using the ParameterFieldInfo property correctly especially when I was testing if it was getting the values I was passing to the report dialog. I have checked my development machine and it is the exact same code on the server. Of course it works on mine. Please if anyone has any suggestions or ideas on how to fix this problem please let me know. Thank you for your time and have a nice day.

Did you resolve this issue, and if so how?

We are having a similar problem...

MJRBIM,
I was suprised to see a post on this. I did finally figured it out. The report that I was having troulbe with was caused by a similiar view/procedure name. My report was based off a view and we created a test procedure for something else with the same name. So the report was going straight to the procedure instead of the view. Once I dropped the procedure it worked fine. I hope this might help you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back