Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange Date Validation Problems in PB 9.0.1 Enterprise

Status
Not open for further replies.

pullesj

Programmer
Sep 2, 2003
US
I'm in the process of migrating a PFC-based PB 7.0.3 Enterprise application to PB 9.0.1 Enterprise and have encountered some strange date validation problems.

I have several datawindows which have date and/or datetime datatype columns (plain old edit box style) that will not allow the entry of dates with the day value greater than 30 - ie '11/30/2003', '01/31/2004', etc., unless the entire column is selected/highlighted. If you attempt to change a columns date (retrieved from the database or prefilled either by code in the parent window or set by intial value in the datawindow object) by using the arrow keys to navigate to the day position of the column and then attempt to change '11/29/2003' to '11/30/2003', it does not recognize the 3 key has been depressed and if you're not paying attention while keying the result is '11/09/2003' (assuming that you only entered the day '30'). If I select/highlight the contents of the column (by tabbing off the column and then tabbing back to the column) I am able to enter the date values correctly. All of my datawindows with date columns of this style are behaving this way since being migrated.

The datawindow's column has its Edit properties selected as Style Type 'EditMask' with Mask as 'mm/dd/yyyy' and Type as 'date' or 'datetime'. The application was generated as .pbd files and is running under Windows 2000 SP 4. The application behaves the same running through the IDE or when running the deployed client. If I am previewing while editting/modifying the datawindow object, I am able to enter the date properly.

Any ideas/suggestions appreciated.

hmmm,

export the syntax of the datawindow - both 7.0.3 Enterprise application and PB 9.0.1 & compare them

MM

mexicomeat - exported both 7.0.3 and 9.0.1 versions to a .srd files and used the Compare Differences tool (PVCS Merge Tool) to examine the differences and there are none.

Any other ideas?

Hmmm...I cant think of any other suggestion

Make sure that the allow date time setting on the syntax tab page in ur databse profile is turned on in both PB versions

Thanks, but yes, this setting has been selected. I've run out of ideas and may have to contact Sybase. I haven't contacted them yet because we only pay for software maintenance upgrades and do not pay maintenance for tech support.

Found this today on Sybase Support for newest PB 9.0.1 build (7066):

Change Request#: 339166 Priority: 0
Product Name: PB Enterprise - 9.0.1 OS: Microsoft Windows 2003
Product Component: DW Edit Mask

Fixed in Version #:
901_7066

Description:
Datawindow EditMask does not let one enter Feb 29th without entering the year part first. You need to enter a valid leap year and then enter the day for this to work. This used to work in PB7.x.
--------------

Although this is not exactly the same problem, I believe my problem is related and/or included.

I installed base release PB 9.0 Enterprise on another workstation and did not encounter the problem I posted above. After installation of PB 9.0.1 (build 6533) I began encountering date validation problems again. While searching Sybase's tech support site I noticed a new EBF dated 12/10/2003 (build 7066) and read through the fixes and found this fix.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Posted too soon, found this:

Change Request#: 325824 Priority: 0
Product Name: PB Enterprise - 9.0.1 OS: Microsoft Windows 2000
Product Component: Edit Mask

Fixed in Version #:
9.0.1_7066

Description:
Regression: The editmask date dd.mm.yyyy does not allow values starting with a 3 to be entered.

Having numerous problems and quirks with PB9.01. The editmask was changed for numbers also and caused me some headaches with my customer. Got that fire out and now I am seeing strange things happening in IDE where they work just fine when built.

Paul Mele
DFAS-CL/TSTB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back