Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange Date Grouping Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarmend

IS-IT--Management
Jun 3, 2004
US
I am using Crystal XI to report on a SQL 2000 table with the following properties...

Column Datatype Length Allow Nulls
mb_id bigint 8 FALSE
activity_date datetime 8 FALSE
media_provider varchar 20 TRUE
raw_impressions bigint 8 TRUE
raw_clicks int 4 TRUE
impressions bigint 8 TRUE
clicks int 4 TRUE

I then just display all fields in a single details section and insert a group using the activity_date field. Taking a record with activity_date = 9/1/2001, as an example, this records falls under a group name = 8/26/2001 along with other records showing activity_date = 9/1/2001.

There are no linked tables with the report also. I was just starting in on a project when I came across this. I have never seen the group value be different from the record values which fall within the group. Any ideas???? Thanks in advance for any help.

If your group is on change of week, e.g., it will show the first day of the week in the group header, based on the records selected. In other words, it would not show every week as a group header, but if there was data within the week, the groupname would be based on the first day of the week.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back