Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange Cyrstal Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 10, 2001
CA

Hi All,

We are printing a report from crystyal using IM9 and IM1 that appear to be missing some records.

As a test we created a new report that uses IM9 (Whse Item Sales History File) as its base.

We are printing the Item Number and Quantity sold for period 1. The report includes about 60+ pages.
We then add the product line from IM1 to the report and 6 records are removed from the report.

In the inventory Master file these items all have valid product lines, and when the report is run without the product line field the items print.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to were to go from here?

Thank you
Michael

My best guess without being able to look at the report or at your actual data is that you have IM9 records that do not have IM1 records.. so that when you link frm IM9 to IM1, the IM9 records are being excluded when they cannot find their IM1 records. If you are willing, you may send me your IM1 & IM9 files to cm5025@msn.com & I'll write a quick little program to check my theory out..

Tks - Chris

Thanks for the Idea Chris,

But I already tested this. IM1 is the inventory master file, all items must be assigned to a product line or the item does not get created. I also double checked that the product lines are valid. If printing the IM1 file the items appear with product lines.

I'll keep checking

If you look at the IM1 file, are the items that disappear from the report in there? You could try rebuilding the IM files.

Hi Keo,

Yes the items are all in IM1. IF we print the report of just IM1 the items all appear, if we use IM9 all the items appear. It's only when we combine the files do we have this problem.

It sounds as though you have a linking issue. As long as you do not have any modifications, I would try to rebuild the Key Files, Run the Analyze and Relink, and then rebuild the Sort Files in that order. This should resolve your issue. Another issue could be the linking in the Crystal Report. Make sure you are linking from the IM9 to the IM1.

Sorry, I probably didn't explain myself well.. I wasn't talking about the product line not being present. You are correct that MAS90 forces you to enter a valid product line before you can write the item record back. I was talking about the item being not being present (deleted) and the im9 sales history still being there.. so you'd have a link from the im9 (item-whse sales) record into im1 (item master) and the im1 record wouldn't be present.

Hi All,

Yes it was a linking issue from crystal from IM9 to IM1. When we delted the report completely and re-linked using the proper fields everything comes out.

Thanks to all for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back