Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange Color Problems in OL97

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goodomen

IS-IT--Management
Nov 12, 2001
US
We have a user here who is having unusual problems with his e-mail. It seems that for most, not all, e-mails, when he opens them fully, the background turns DARK PURPLE. The text seems to be staying the normal color. It looks FINE in the preview pane, but when he actually opens them all the way, they become completely unreadable. Some are mass-mails, which I also received, and which came through to me with the normal white background (though I'm using OL2000) I have tried everything, and I can't think of what would be causing this.

Any ideas?

+Melanie-

Are the problem e-mail in a certain format only such as HTML, RTF, etc...? Not what the client has the e-mail editor set to but just the format they are received in.

One possibility is to replaced the frmcache.dat file with a copy from either the CD or another machine and see if that corrects the issue. joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back