Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange clock behaviour in 5.0.6 for some timezones

Status
Not open for further replies.

ez4u2sai

Programmer
Oct 2, 2002
AU
I have a couple of installs in timezones on half hour bounderies (specifically -9:30). The clock on these systems runs slow, losing anything up to 8 seconds a minute. If I change the timezone to a whole hour in /etc/TIMEZONE the clock behaves correctly. Just wondering if anyone has experienced similar, and if there is any way around it (short of running the system with the incorrect timezone).

Thanks

Ive had this problem before, though I was losing more than 8 minutes, I would lose days at a time!

Anyway, I wrote a post because it stumped me and we decided that the server was getting its time from somewhere else. I never did get completley to the bottom of it, but once I killed the named server off then the time appeared to be ok...

I suppose it wouldn't do any harm to kill your named server and see what happens!

Andy
++

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back