Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange Characters when using Copy/Paste after an Execption

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanlyn

Programmer
Sep 3, 2003
US
Hi,

For years now, when the debugger traps an error via "on error set step on" the copy and paste shortcuts gets hosed by the character in the image below. The error pulls up the debugger and I select the previous item in the call stack, then click debug, fix. Now I highlight some text and press ctrl+c and the highlighted text get replaced with the strange character. The copy and paste items on a right click menu works as expected. The issue is only with crtl+c and ctrl+v. Anyone know what this is and how to fix it?

StrangeCharacter_rb0nmg.jpg

StangeCharacterZoomed_tnuy1a.jpg

Thanks, Stanley

I also have this, whenever the application menu doesn't have the copy&paste hotkeys defined.
Issuing SET MENU TO DEFAULT or SET MENU TO SYSMENU helps.

Chriss

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the solution/tip. I had not made the distinction that the issue was tied to the system menu. I always either bailed out or used the right click menu copy/cut/paste. I had been unaware of when this bad behavior was present. Again thanks, as this is helping immensely. Is this a know bug with a fix, or something we have to just live with? Issuing a "set sysm to defa" is light years ahead of how I used to deal with it.

Thanks,
Stanley

I think we have to live with this. Either you add these menu items to all your menus, too, or you go back to the default sysmenu. It's surely simpler than to define a menu with th options.

You could consider it a bug as copy&paste is something you'd think is defined by Windows itself, but VFP shows it's not.

Chriss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back