Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange briefcase behaviour

Status
Not open for further replies.

NTFOOL

IS-IT--Management
Apr 17, 2006
US
Maybe someone can explain to me whats going on here. I had a NT server crash last week (BDC) and replaced it with a windows 2000 member server. I restored the backup data from the old NT box to the new 2K member server and all appeared fine, that is until I set up a mobile user with a briefcase. I have the users pst file in his briefcase suncing with a network share for when he travels. Everytime I attempt to make a synch copy the only thing that copies over are the folders...no files ever get copied.

The folder structure will come across fine but the folders are all empty. Is this some kind of permission thing ? The files all show the everyone group with full control but I can't get the files to synch in the briefcase...I can however copy the folder over the network to his desktop fine.

Any help would be appreciated on this as I am desperate to get the briefcase functioning before more of my users get out travelling.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back