Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange Behaviour In Internet Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITSSM

IS-IT--Management
Feb 6, 2008
GB
Hi
I've got a website that I think looks fine in firefox but in internet explorer the table with images at the bottom is all over the place. In firefox the table spacing is fine but in internet explorer there are huge spaces between a couple of the images. It looks fine in my dreamweaver but when i preview or upload to the internet the above occurs.

Can someone advise why this is happening please?

Thanks for any advice

At present it appears to me to be substantially the same in FF3, IE6 and IE7. What version of IE are you seeing the problem in?

One of the known problems with the old-fashioned (and semantically incorrect) use of nested tables for layout is that you will often see layout oddities, particularly if you have not specifically set all border and margin properties for the page, as browser defaults all differ.

Steam Engine Prints

Thanks for your reply.

I'm using IE6 and its the spacing of the images at the foot of the text, specifically those to the left. Its really annoying.

What should I have used instead of nested tables please?

Thanks
To have text with images down the side and along the bottom looks tough using CSS

As I'm not au fait with CSS (its something i'm going to have to learn) I've switched things around slightly to make it work for the time being.

Can CSS be used in conjunction with dreamweaver templates or are they a replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back