Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange behavior on Netbackup archive and restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

lherchr

IS-IT--Management
Apr 8, 2005
CA
Hi,
Last week i tried to restore à file from a backup of a Unix folder who have a lot of files. When i reached the folder in Backup, Archive, and Restore (Windows 2003) i didn't see all the files who where supposed to be there. I've lauch a restore of the entire folder to see if the files was there and, thank's god, all of the file were there.

DO someone know why Backup, Archive, And restore didn't showed me all the files, is there a limitation or something??

I'm sorry for my poor english, if there's something you dont understand let me knom and i will try to rewrite in other word.

Thank you,

Perhaps it is the way you used the GUI. You may have selected a full backup image on a date that did not contain the files.

Bob Stump
Just because the VERITAS documentation states a certain thing does not make it a fact and that is truth.

No, I'm sure that i've done the right thing. I know the way the GUI work, i used it ofently. May be there a fix for this, we are on version 5.1 of netbackup enterprise.

Thanks

Hello!

When you are in the backup/restore window and under the RESTORE FILES tab do you have / under the BROWSE DIRECTORY area. I know that many times it will default to some other directory from a Master server backup. Just a thought. Let me know if this is not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back