Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange behavior on Cycle Count Batches

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgillz

Instructor
Mar 2, 2001
US
I just saw a case of a cycle count batch that is returning incorrect data on the pre-post register of "Post Count Tags". No external input from Wisys or any other application is being used. This will happen 3 or 4 times and they have been re-creating the cycle count batch to solve it.

A very old version of Macola ES here, sorry I don't have the exact version.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Macola and Sage 50/Sage 100 Consultant

Check out our Macola tools:

There is one particular version of ES where there is a bug in the reports but I can't for the life of me remember which one it is. I think it was 9.5.something. However it does post correctly. I ran into this about 10 years ago when implementing Wisys at a client site, they thought I broke something!

2015 -2016 In 9.6.500 I had problems with doing cycle counts with parameters : Over a range of Bins. The program would then skip over some bins and not sum them. I was advised to do file validations, for IMINVBIN_SQL and IMINVTRX_SQL.
Rebuild Indexes
Rebuild repositories
Tabbed through Master data.
Then I was sent a White Paper.
...Anyway, We stopped using a range for bins.
This was not a problem in ES 9.5.700 and earlier versions!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back