Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

strange behavior of Word.Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

aria

Programmer
Mar 5, 2001
IR
Hi Guys:
I'm facing a strange behavior when trying to invoke and open a Word document through my aspx (vb.net) file. I'm working with Office 2003 and I can see that the requested document gets opened on the screen. Some of the Word's icons on standard toolbar and other toolbars come up and display on the screen some not! If I try to open the Fonts drop box for example it gets opened but nothing inside! No text comes up on the screen but if there is a typo on the page, it's being marked on the page (red line underneath as normal), when I try to move the Word window by drag it to right or left the moving track remains on the screen and a lot of other weird behaviors! Here is my codes:

Dim wordApp As New Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.Application
wordApp.Visible = True
wordApp.Activate()
Dim fileName As String = "C:\my documents\testFile.doc"
Dim missing As Object = System.Reflection.Missing.Value
Dim wordDoc As Word.Document = wordApp.Documents.Open(fileName,,False,,,,,,,True,True,,True)
wordDoc.Activate()

can anybody says what's wrong here? any help is highly appreciated.

cheers
Aria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back