Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange behavior from the lookup filed after upsizing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalto

Programmer
Apr 1, 2004
CA
I recently upsized MS Access Database to SQL Server, i only upsized the table and i'm now working on migrating the queries myself. Anyway, everything is fine, except for one thing.

I've got a table contening ~14 500 products, the primary key goes up to around 15 500 as many products were deleted for this or that reason. I also got many tables doing lookup on that tables to print the product name instead of the productid. With the tables, everything is fine. The problem's with the view, as soon as I query a table which use a lookup field to my table products, if the productid is under 15000 the name will appear correctly, if it is over 15 000 it will simply leave a blank square. Also, i use a view that query another view, it won't work, but i believe this is *normal*...

Is it an Access option that i must raise somewhere? I guess i could simply make an INNER JOIN an select the right column instead, but i would really prefer to use the already present lookup field ;)

The variable that you are reading the lookup function into may not have the proper data type (hence the size in bytes) to hold the value that you are reading it into it. Try modifying the data type of that variable. For example: if you are assigning the product ID to a variable of type integer try changing it to double. Hope this helps.

Rebooot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back