Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Storing variables after exit

Status
Not open for further replies.

DickiePotter

Programmer
Jan 8, 2001
GB
Hi,
How can I store variable values such as strings so that they can be used the next time the application is opened after exit?
My only ideas so far are ini's and the registry, is there an easyer way and if not, which method is better and how do you do it?
Thank's

Hi,

After exiting your only option is to store values you want to use next time in a file. The file can be a table, an ini file, or even easier a simple text-delimited file. All you need to use is an OPEN statement and output the values. You can then read the values from the file into your variables each time you start the application.

Have a good one!
BK

It really depends on the amount of values you want to store - for a few - the text file is really the best but if there are quite a lot - rather use a table in a database. Personally, I find the table easier to use for formatting etc. but that is just my personal perference!

Good luck

Craftor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back