Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Storing a calculated value in a table

Status
Not open for further replies.

djmurphy58

Technical User
Feb 28, 2003
US
I have a field whose value gets calculated on a report. The control source of the field is "[DailyBudget]-[DailyCost]. This is a field that I created on the report itself - it doesn't show up in the query on which the report is based.

How do I get access to store this calculated value into a new table?

Basically what I'm looking to do is the following:

The calculated value gets calculated daily. Either we lost money or gained money for that day I work for a construction company). I want to store all these daily values into a table so that I can generate a chart showing our daily and cumulative gains and/or losses.

Thank you in advance,
Dennis

You rarely want to store calculated fields in tables. If your data is stored in the tables you can calculate the gain or loss at the query level. You can then use parameters to select a date range in your query and create the chart from that.

HTH,
Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back