Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stored Procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stella001

Programmer
Mar 24, 2004
US
I need a stored procedure to run only to update a table that I am using for input. I have been reading on how to do this with my map and I am not making much headway. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

you don't need a stored proc to update a table. you create a DB management file or '.mdq' file using the related developmetn tool. you define your connection there in. build a type tree by pointing to the table you want updated and then define at least one key.

Point you output card at the type tree and mdq file. state the table name etc with the card setup. on the command line identify that you want a trace file created with '-t'. The -t will force the map to create a db trace file that will help you debug db related issues.

Save your map then map the input to the output. o

The stored procedure is already built, when it runs it updates my databse table with current information running checks and balances against other data that is already in my system.
Then I have to use that database table as INPUT for my map. I was trying to find out if there was a way to kick off the stored procedure from my map to run first to avoid an extra couple of step in the processing procedures.

yes there are several ways. one is to call a map that will execute the stored procedure. the other is to simply run the map with the procedure as the input. The main difference is the former would pass variables into the called map for the stored proc.

Use the DBID to 1. point to the stored proc and 2. use a select statement to call the procedure. There should be some examples you can review for help.

How it all works is partly based on how you wrote the stored proc. did you use PLSQL? if so it might be a little more difficult

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back