Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stored Procedure Transformation

Status
Not open for further replies.

mckutlu

Technical User
Sep 23, 2006
US
I am taking in 3 fields from a flat file (all strings), taking them into an expression transf. in which i convert one of the fields to "date/time" using to_date (with the format mm/dd/yyyy) and keeping the others as strings, and then mapping them into stored procedure transformation (with 2 varchar2 and 1 date input ports). I then map the output of the stored proc into the target (another flat file).
I get a "database driver error" when I run the workflow and the log says that "I am passing in the wrong number of arguments or the wrong data types into the stored proc".
I am assuming that Oracle server (which actualy has the stored proc) doesn't like the date I am passing into the stored proc considering that oracle's default date format is "dd-mon-yy" and the date I am passing in is mm/dd/yyyy. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Yes,

default format is ' dd-mon'yy' , but Oracle allows for setting this parameter for each session.

Code:
ALTER Session SET NLS_DATE_FORMAT = 'mm/dd/yyyy'

Check with Oracle forums to work this into your stored procedure..

Ties Blom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back