Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stored Procedure reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

binway

MIS
Nov 9, 2003
AU
Hi All,
I have created a stored procedure in an Oracle 8i database. I am using an Impromptu V6 report to retrieve the value sucessfully.
The report uses the following:
call EDM.PROCWRSTCUSTCOUNTS(?strStartDate? IN, ?strEndDate? IN, ?TotalCusts? OUT, ?15PerTotCusts? OUT, ?15perUCMOS? OUT, ?15perUSAIDI? OUT)
I wish to display only this parameter - ?15perUSAIDI?. The only way I seem to be able to do this is by using the Insert/Prompt Variable command - this is what I have used and it is displaying the value in the report. However, when I go to save this as xl the value does not appear in the spreadsheet - I have to save as excel with format which i don't want to do as the report will run in a macro and I'm not comfortable with the 'send keys' functionality being used in macros. I have tried to create a report that uses this stored proc report but when I go to use data source - hotfile - browse for the reports the stored proc report is not visible and yet i know it is there, however even if I can see the report will the prompt variable show up as a column to be selected. I have a suspicion that I shouldn't be using the Insert/Prompt Variable command to display the data but i can't find the documentation that says what i should be doing. I have another thought of calling the stored proc in the macro and pasting the value retrieved straight into the spreadsheet although I have sen it suggested that this funtionality no longer exists in the macros. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back