Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stored Procedure Date Order Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

CodeMania

Programmer
Nov 8, 2004
NL
Hello There,

I have the following problem with a stored procedure date order:

I am trying to Order my date in the stored procedure from 2005-12 to 2006-1. Every time I do this I keep on getting it wrong. Seems to me I have a group by problem. Can someone help me here?

Here is the stored procedure:

SELECT TOP 100 PERCENT CONVERT(nvarchar(4), DATEPART(Year, RAPDAT)) + N'-' + CONVERT(nvarchar(2), DATEPART(Month, RAPDAT)) AS MndJr, HDREQ AS Request, HDPRIO AS Prioriteit, COUNT(HDNUM) AS [#]
FROM dbo.tbl_Newton_HDCALL
WHERE (HDADAT IS NULL OR HDADAT = N'00-00-0000') AND (HDSRT <> N'SAP') AND (DATEPART(Day, RAPDAT) = 1) AND (RAPDAT >= DATEADD(m, - 13, GETDATE()))
GROUP BY HDREQ, CONVERT(nvarchar(4), DATEPART(Year, RAPDAT)) + N'-' + CONVERT(nvarchar(2), DATEPART(Month, RAPDAT)), HDPRIO
HAVING (HDREQ = N'RFS')

Here is my result:

MndJr Request Prioriteit #
2005-10 RFS 3 1
2005-11 RFS 5 40
2005-12 RFS 5 58
2005-2 RFS 1 1
2005-3 RFS 2 1
2005-4 RFS 2 1
2005-5 RFS 5 9
2005-7 RFS 5 13
2005-8 RFS 3 2
2005-9 RFS 5 36
2006-1 RFS 3 1
2006-2 RFS 5 34

This MndJr should be starting from 2005-12 and ending at 2006-2.

When I remove the group by option I get the following errors

ADO-error: Column ‘dbo.tbl_Newton_HDCALL.RAPDAT’ is invalid in the select list because is is not contained in either an aggregate function or the GROUP BY clause.

Column ‘dbo.tbl_Newton_HDCALL.RAPDAT’ is invalid in the select list because is is not contained in either an aggregate function or the GROUP BY clause.

Column ‘dbo.tbl_Newton_HDCALL.HDPRIO’ is invalid in the select list because is is not contained in either an aggregate function or the GROUP BY clause.

Here is the stored procedure that gives the errors:

SELECT TOP 100 PERCENT CONVERT(nvarchar(4), DATEPART(Year, RAPDAT)) + N'-' + CONVERT(nvarchar(2), DATEPART(Month, RAPDAT)) AS MndJr, HDREQ AS Request, HDPRIO AS Prioriteit, COUNT(HDNUM) AS [#]
WHERE (HDADAT IS NULL OR HDADAT = N'00-00-0000') AND (HDSRT <> N'SAP') AND (DATEPART(Day, RAPDAT) = 1) AND (RAPDAT >= DATEADD(m, - 13, GETDATE()))
GROUP BY HDREQ
HAVING (HDREQ = N'RFS')

Hope that someone can help me here?

Hi There every body,

I had a good look at my stored procedure and the table where I get my date from. RATDAT is a date time Colum. This means that I did not have to convert the Group By and Order By sections.

Here is the stored procedure that works fine.

SELECT TOP 100 PERCENT CONVERT(nvarchar(4), DATEPART(Year, RAPDAT)) + N'-' + CONVERT(nvarchar(2), DATEPART(Month, RAPDAT)) AS MndJr,
HDREQ AS Request, HDPRIO AS Prioriteit, COUNT(HDNUM) AS [#]
WHERE (HDADAT IS NULL OR
HDADAT = N'00-00-0000') AND (HDSRT <> N'SAP') AND (DATEPART(Day, RAPDAT) = 1) AND (RAPDAT >= DATEADD(m, - 13, GETDATE()))
GROUP BY HDREQ, RAPDAT, HDPRIO
HAVING (HDREQ = N'RFS')
ORDER BY RAPDAT, HDREQ, HDPRIO

Even this one works fine:

SELECT TOP 100 PERCENT CONVERT(nvarchar(4), DATEPART(Year, RAPDAT)) + N'-' + CONVERT(nvarchar(2), DATEPART(Month, RAPDAT)) AS MndJr,
HDREQ AS Request, HDPRIO AS Prioriteit, COUNT(HDNUM) AS [#]
WHERE (HDADAT IS NULL OR
HDADAT = N'00-00-0000') AND (HDSRT <> N'SAP') AND (DATEPART(Day, RAPDAT) = 1) AND (RAPDAT >= DATEADD(m, - 13, GETDATE()))
GROUP BY HDREQ, RAPDAT, HDPRIO
HAVING (HDREQ = N'RFS')
ORDER BY convert(datetime,replace(RAPDAT,'-','')), HDREQ, HDPRIO

Greeting CODEMANIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back