Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stored Procedure Datawindow wizard drops package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PANTLORD

Programmer
Aug 28, 2001
EU
Hi There,

New to it but trying to use an ORACLE stored procedure within a package to build a datawindow.

I'm assuming this will let me pass some locally gathered info, pass it to ORACLE server by ref, update db accordingly and update the datawindow contents for reporting purposes.

Trouble is I can see several procedures etc when using the wizard to create the datawindow but my package is not included.

Things I have done are ensured PB login has privledges to package checked the list package subprograms check box in the database profile setup ?

Any ideas, also anyone any examples of stored procedures written for this purpose, just getting going on this use of stored preocedures so wondering how I need to define variables within my plsql script to hold the values I know I need to see.

Thanks in advance,
Niall

1. Create a stand-alone (not in a packege) SP with the same name and same signature.
2. Build your DW on that SP (it will appear in the SP-list).
3. Edit the DW's source (in old versions of PB: export - edit - import), adding the packege name (with dot) before the SP name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back