Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

STORE.EXE

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamire

Technical User
Nov 28, 2002
RW
I would like to know what would be the problem with a Compaq ML 530 Server when the STORE.EXE takes all the CPU Usage making the machine very slow and also in accessible that the services of exchange goes down.

Please if I can get an answe soonest I will appreciate.

This is normal for Exchange. Any release. Bouts of hardcore usage. UUh.

Compaq ML 530 with 1GHz with 512MB RAM and plenty of Disk space.

Exchange has about 2000 users some coming in using OWA (400 users) and the rest are on psts.

Hey Kamire,

512MB RAM is not sufficient. I would suggest adding another 1GB (cost approx GBP 250 - Kingston memory) giving you a total of 1.5GB RAM. This will dramatically improve performance on your Exchange Server. We did this on two of our ML370 servers a couple of weeks ago.

Compaq memory is more than double the cost and only 1 year warranty. Kingston memory is fully tested and has lifetime warranty.

Good luck.

Yikes - I think at last count Exchange 2000 recommends 256MB RAM for Exchange plus 4MB per user. That's like 8GB in your case. So 512MB is woefully inadequate.

I'm running dual Xeon with 2GB RAM for 100 users and its acceptable. Run SP3 and latest Exchange packs and keep windows update up to date which will help but def get more RAM.

Wow Zelandakh! That is overkill! Unless you are planning on adding 20 times that soon. I am running a PIII 500MHz with 512MB ram to service 90 users, and it does just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back