Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Store.exe uses all memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

fenstrat

Technical User
Nov 5, 2002
US
Exchange 2000 uses all available memory for the store.exe process by design. With Exchange 2000 installed on a domain controller it is using all the memory for the store.exe process but does not seem to be releasing it for other programs like it should. After the Store gets up to around 800 megabytes of memory consumption the server is very unresponsive to administrative tasks, and sometimes hangs. Has anyone else had this problem? Should this not be on a domain controller?
Thanks

Exchange runs best when it's the only thing running on the server. Ideally it should not be a domain controller. Marc Creviere
Network Administrator
Total Logistic Control, LLC

I have the same problem when users are sending large attachments. Then it settles back down once the store process is complete.....

I have Exchange on a DC but Store behaves fine. Although Microsoft claims that Server is healthier with Store eating memories, i'm still trying to convince myself though.

Peping

Actually the store will use as much memory as possible for buffering. It will release it also, if the OS should need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back