Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Storagetek 9840 Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ampage

Technical User
Jul 17, 2007
US
Hi.

One batch of tapes gives this error on every load:

"LOAD 37A2"

I figure its some type of media error but I was hoping someone with a manual could give me a more specific answer.

Thanks in advance!!!

The error you are getting is a media incompatibility error. You need to first go into the drive menu,and make a data tape. This will set the tape up for use with the format you are using, (either 9840 "A" or "B"). If you are trying to retrieve data from these tapes, it is likely that they are written on a "B" drive and trying to read them on an "A" drive. The "B" drive can read "A" tapes, but "A" drives cannot read "B" tapes.

Good Luck

Andy

I have an A drive, so Ill bet those tapes were initialized on a B. That would explain it.

Thanks for the help!

You may still be able to use the tapes if you go through the drive menu and use the A drive to create a data tape. You will not be able to retrieve any B written data if that is what is on them.

Andy

We plan to overwrite the tapes anyway, so setting the drive to "make data tape" worked great.

Again, much thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back