Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

StorageTek 9490 ESCON

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris969404

Technical User
Oct 6, 2006
US
I have two diffetent subsystems running two different software revisions (6.4 & 8.1).
Both subsystems have the same problem. When a CTU has been removed for Maintenance then replaced the CTU will not come out of self test. I have deleted the associated drive address and then added it again using different LAN addresses as well as the original LAN addresses,but the CTUs will not IPL. This on two totally different subsystems and the only common point is that they are both ESCON subsystems. I do not see this problem on SCSI subsystems. Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Are the lan addresses set correctly on the cards in the CTU?
Did someone "borrow" your LAN terminators?
Have you tried re-IPLing the SSU?

I have actually reipl'd the SSU, Terminators are in place. Also on my locl machine I have totally reconfigured the SSU & CTU and still the CTUs will not come out of selftest

Compatable SSU & ESCON(not scsi) CTU code both installed and activated?
Ummmm...this is normally a problem with code or the LAN addressing. Red bank & blue bank dip switches for the lan addresses are bassackwords from each other.
I'm still thinking...
TE

Are you configing as EE without the EE feature installed?

Thank you everyone for your input. I have figured it out and it was LAN addressing. Somewhere along the line the LAN addressing was changed. In desperation I tried using the last digit of the drive address as the LUN address and BINGO all is now well. Thanks for yoour inputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back