Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

storage tek L20

Status
Not open for further replies.

ave36

IS-IT--Management
Sep 9, 2002
IT
Hi all, I have this problem with the L20 library; on the lcd display there is this message error: "00 unknown drive". What's this? Thank you!!

The library is not recognising the drive type installed, this could be due to down level code in the library, drive, or a drive that was not originally supplied by STK.(They have their own special codes) or a cable problem.

what tape drive are you trying to use?
if you are using the DLT7000 I may be able to help you as I have several here.

Please advise
thanks

lsiraid

Unless the drive has the mechanical & special mcode changes for useage in that type of library, it will not work......! The drive and the library must communicate over a special interface, if they do not understand each other......PROBLEMS. The Quantum drives can only be modified by Quantum to take STK codes (or for another manufacturer) its called the STK personality. It is fixed in the drive, it is not a simple mcode update. Even STK are not allowed to do it. (Not that they would want to either!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back