Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Storage server compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dansimmo

Technical User
Jul 8, 2008
GB
Hi,

Sorry this may seem to be a stupid question!!

I've had a look at the compatibility list on the CA web site for Windows Storage Server 2003 64 Bit as this is the primary backup manager server just to double check what I'm doing is correct. It says that the following options are compatible with the storage server:

Agent for Windows
Backup Server
Enterprise Module
NDMP NAS Option
SAN Option
Tape Library Option

Ok, if I have a Windows 2003 or 2008 64bit server on the network with SQL2000 or SQL 2005 installed with dbs (Arcserve Windows/SQL agents installed), is the Storage Server platform compatible to backup this data? I hope that makes sense but if not please let me know!!

Thanks for reading.

Dan
NB. Also posted on the CA forum

Sorry davidmichel. The version I'm using is 12.5.

Sure, yes it will work.

think in terms of Options and Agents.

Options add functionality to the base product.

So (I did not ck but considering the above list) for example the Image Option would not work.

Agents on the other had enable the backup of objects outside of the base product. This would include things like other systems such as Windows, NetWare, UNIX, Linux, and applications such as MS SQL, Exchange, Oracle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back