Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Storage Node do not want to load volume in the tape drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

akimziadi

Technical User
Oct 17, 2005
DK
Hi,

Im' facing a strange problem, Networker don't want to load the drive when using a storage node. We are using Networker 7.1.
I confirm that The storage node recognize the tape dirve
but even a mount of volume will not work (But it work on the master server)
Also what's happen, is that after restarting the storage node "rebooting the server", the load occure perfect and backup of my RMAN 10G database works fine, but stop due to inactivity timeout, i have check network after and see that the load of the network was high, but this shoul dnot impact by backup as i'm doing storage node backup and use SAN backup and no network backup.
Please help, i'm getting crasy here some output:

Tue 20:30:35 media info: suggest mounting BOR030 on dchclor01 for writing to pool 'BORPOOL'
Tue 20:30:35 media waiting event: Waiting for 1 writable volumes to backup pool 'BORPOOL' tape(s) on dchclor01

BUT NOTHING HAPPEN AT LIBRARY LEVEL

Do you have a dedicated or a non-dedicated storage node ?

Do you have any error messages concerning the storage node in the daemon log ?

Is your storage node a cluster node too ?

I think your problem exist with backups and restores or restores only ?

If its with restores only, then its a known issue LGTpa66945.

You overcom this issue by temporarily changig the lookup hostname of the library from nsrserver to the storage node.

Did you select a device for your pool? If so, deselect it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back