Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Storage Centre 8.88 on Virtual Server? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bslengineer

Technical User
Feb 18, 2008
GB
Does anyone know if Storage Centre 8.88 is supported on Windows Virtual Server (any version)?

As far as I'm aware No nice product is currently supported by virtual server.

As far as I know NICE have never certified 8.8 or 8.9 products on virtual server and when we requested it on behalf of a customer we were quoted $10k per piece of software to carry it out.

When we received that quote we tried the CLS and SC software on virtual server in our lab (can't remember what version) and had some success but we did see issues with logger communications and throughput on SC when we loaded the system heavily (CLS and SC were running on the same physical server). In the end the customer moved away from the idea of virtual servers and put in two dedicated HP's.

Having said that, we've currently got a training system consisting of four virtual servers running 8.9 CLS, SC, Avaya T-Server simulator and CA-Unicenter running on a single HP server under Virtual Server 2005 (all virtual servers are running Windows 2003) with no apparent problems. This is set up generate around 100 call events per hour and it doesn't seem too stressed but I don't think I'd want to try it on a customer site!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back