Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stopping or removing Exchange on an SBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeTuk

IS-IT--Management
Jan 11, 2009
GB
Hi guys,

I have stopped all the services for Exchange on an SBS but now it creates logs which fill up the drives and can't figure out how to stop it.

Ideally I would like to remove it altogether as those employees now use our proper Exchange 2007 server.

Is there a way of totally turning it off?

Thanks

George

I think the bigger issue here is, why do you not have an SBS2008 or why have you not migrated away from SBS altogether if you are using Exchange 2007?

I wouldn't have thought that the transaction logs would build up if you have disabled all of the exchange services. Have you also disabled the SMTP service? your SBS shouldn't be doing anything mail related if you are using exchange 2007.

You could always uninstall exchange from add/remove programs, under the SBS2003 heading. I've never done it but it is documented in the new SBS2003 to SBS2008 migration documentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back