Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stopping Explorer in XP from using a session already active

Status
Not open for further replies.

zircom

IS-IT--Management
Mar 12, 2001
GB
I need to stop Internet Explorer in XP from trying to use a session already active.

If already running a web based application (Sharp Owl) and then if I click on a link in an email it is trying to use the already open Sharp Owl screen which I do not want it to do for variuos reasons.

Thanks

I dont know how to fix this, but the way I work around it is to open up another IE window and then click on the link, it'll open up in the new IE window.

Have you tried unchecking "Reuse windows for launching shortcuts"? IE/ Tools/ Internet Options/ Advanced/ Browsing.

Specifies that when you click a Web link in an Internet-aware program, such as Outlook Express, and there is already an Internet Explorer window open, the Web page appears in the open browser window instead of opening a new window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back