Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stopping CR after report has started running 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeneN24

IS-IT--Management
May 1, 2003
US
Is there a way to stop a report from running once it has started running? I know once records are being pulled you can press the stop icon, but can anything be done before this point.

Thank you

You know how to stop the report. What is it you want to do at that point?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Exact Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports
dgilsdorf@trianglepartners.com

GeneN24

As far as i'm aware crystal itself does not allow you to stop the query from running before it starts to retrieve records....although I would love to be proved wrong.

Gary Parker
Systems Support Analyst
Manchester, England

To clarify, like the last post said, I am wanting to stop the query before records are retrieved.

You hit the stop button, top right of the preview window. However like GJParker said, I do not believe that it will allow whis until it starts to read the records. It may or may not actually select any records when you do this. You will also be prompted "display the results so far" or words to that effect.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Exact Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports
dgilsdorf@trianglepartners.com

I've yet to ever have the stop button work. I'm using version 9 developer.

The stop button works for me but only when records are being actively retrieved. It in the period before the records are being counted (at bottom of screen) that I was needing to be able to break out of the query.

Thank you anyway!

Once you submit the request, you will only be able to stop when the records are coming in (as we all have experienced) and has been around for ages.

Partly because the processing is happening on the server and I suspect there is no way send a cancel request.

Only option is kill the process (crw32.exe) in Task Manager. Not very elegant and pretty harsh for all components involved. I only go here as a last resort.

Cheers,

SurfingGecko
Home of Crystal Ease

Thanks for the explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back