Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stop VirusScan 4.5.0 from command line

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisCW

Technical User
Feb 17, 2003
GB
Can I disable virusscan from a logon script and then re-enable?? I want to stop virusscan, run a piece of software (that conflicts with VirusScan) and then restart scanner.

I have tried net stop mcshield, command, net start mcshield and it does not work...

Any ideas??

See Solution ID : 1.0.15089970.2718059 (Scheduling a disable of VirusScan 4.5 on-access scanner )from NAI Prime Support Portal.
However, I too would greatly appreciate the ability to disable via/through a login script. We're having major performance issues on machines running KixStart scripts for Altiris......

Depends on the OS. If it's not 9x, you can use these:

NET STOP AVSYNMGR (to stop)
NET START AVSYNMGR (to restart)

HTH, AVChap
... my $1 worth of advise, 2cents isn't enough due to inflation

Thanks for the info on Windows NT/ 2000- But is there any way to stop that service in 98 in a command line? I have image there is, as I can stop it from the control panel. Thanks much,

If you have the resource kit on your server or workstation, you can use the netsvc.exe command to stop a remote service.

e.g. netsvc /stop mcshield \\[remote_pc_name]

Netsvc will also take /start and /query options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back