Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stop Using Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeK513

Technical User
Nov 7, 2003
US
We had a server that WAS using exchange....on our new server, we chose NOT to use it. We have all these workstations that were setup to use the Exchange server. The problem is this.....

I can not install a clean version of Outlook and set it up because it keeps looking for the exchange server. I have uninstalled every office product, reinstalled the outlook and it still keeps looking for exchange. Whay is this?

I really don't want to redo the whole machine for this. Does anybody know of a way to have these workstations STOP looking for the exchange server and just act like a new installation on a new machine?

Thanks in advance.

Try this, control panel, mail, remove all of the accounts, reboot, re-install outlook if nessesary.

Joe

Have you tried going into the options in Outlook 2000, click on the mail services tab and at the bottom click on Reconfigure Mail Support?

That should allow you to reconfigure outlook as to where it gets its mail from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back