Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stop single client logon

Status
Not open for further replies.

cannibal

Technical User
Aug 2, 2000
NL
Hi,

I have installed all clients using WinNT single client logon. Is there a way to uninstall this, without uninstalling/reinstalling Notes R5?
The manual says: To stop using Windows NT password synchronization with Notes, you must uninstall Notes. When you reinstall Notes, do not select "NT Client Single Logon" if you are doing a Custom install.
No way I'm going to uninstall all those clients and reinstall them again. That's too much work.

Please give me some advice.
Thanks

CaNNiBaL

The easiest way would be to go into Start >> Settings >> Control Panel, double-click on Services. Double click the Lotus Notes Single Logon and change startup type to disabled. This will prevent the synchronisation from starting and you won't have to uninstall Lotus Notes.

Thank you for your quick reply.
Had no idea it was running as a sevice...
This helps me a lot.

Grtz

This would seem to imply that if you don't have access to the server (i.e. logging into notes over a WAN) to get into the services applet, there's no way to change this "feature". Is this true. How much more water would there be in the ocean if it weren't for sponges?

This service is a running as a local service.
You need to enable/disable it locally.

you mean on the client machine? I don't seem to have a "Sevices" applet when I go into control panel - where then would I disable the service? Please pardon my apparent cluelessness.

Steve How much more water would there be in the ocean if it weren't for sponges?

ok nevermind. It's under "administrative tools". I'm still
not used to that on win2k yet. on most of our old nt machines it's right on the start menu so I didn't think to look there.

How much more water would there be in the ocean if it weren't for sponges?

ok that's it. thank you for your help. How much more water would there be in the ocean if it weren't for sponges?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back