Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stop IPad from switching to App Store automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

raygg

Technical User
Jun 14, 2000
US
Just got ipad2 - brand new to apple OS. I often stream radio stations to my win7 laptop using Firefox. I listened to one of those stations for the first time yesterday using the safari browser on ipad. Today I tried to do listen to the same station on the browser again but now the ipad keeps switching automatically to the App Store to download the mobile app for the station but the reviews are poor for the app and I am very content to streaming the station as I always have. Every time I try to stream it the ipad2 switches me to the App Store and brings up the app. How can I stop this switcheroo and just listen to the station streamed from the browser?

The web site is likely detecting that you are accessing it via the iPad and Safari to push the App Store action. You'd need to tweak Safari on the iPad to return different headers to the web server to identify yourself as using another browser on another device.

That would involve more hassle than just downloading the app.

What app is this with such bad reviews?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back