Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stop Information repeating in a table

Status
Not open for further replies.

suzreid

Technical User
Sep 26, 2000
GB
Is there any way to stop information in a table repeating in a table without putting a break on the table

I have to create a report that has the format below.
AFE1 CC1 Value AFE1
CC2
CC3
AFE2 CC1 Value AFE2
AFE3 CC1 Value AFE3

What I have is a single table displaying the information below
AFE1 CC1 Value AFE1
AFE1 CC2 Value AFE1
AFE1 CC3 Value AFE1
AFE2 CC1 Value AFE2
AFE3 CC1 Value AFE3

Any hint, tips?

I don't want to break it as I need everything to be in the one table. The duplication is of the values is causing a problem because I need to sum all the values of the AFE's and I am getting a figure that is way out because of the duplication.

Thanks in advance
Suz

try filtering the rows the one without empty value & try to use the sum function.

I hope this will solve your problem

I think you misunderstood. I don't have any empty rows at the moment. This is what I want to aim for. I'm also using the sum function but because the value of the AFE is being repeated, the sum is incorrect.

Suz

After breaking use valu-based break, then you can have all the rows in one table using format break. Then try your sum function

The value of AFE1 of the AFE is a measure and it doesn't come up on the list as a variable that I am able to break on. Is there any way I can do this?

Suz

Can you put some sample data in here? I don't understand what are trying to accomplish.

However, it seems that you could use a different function (MAX or MIN) to do what you want.

Steve Krandel
BASE Consulting Group

I've managed to get it to do what I want by creating another object in the universe which is basically the measure I want to break on as a dimension. I then use the dimension to break on.

Suz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back