Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stop Graph/Chart Colors from changing each time I run. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHear1

Technical User
May 4, 2001
US
How do I keep the colors from changing in a bar chart every time I run the report. One time the "0 to 5" bar/group is green and the next time I run the report it is blue and so on. Every time I run the report I want the groups to be assigned a specific color.

Dear JHear1,

You didn't specify your version of Crystal, but in CR 8.5 and lowerthe way around it is to base the chart on a formula. In CR9 and higher you can set this using the chart expert.

Look at the following CR KB article:

regards,

ro

Rosemary Lieberman
rosemary-at-microflo.com, Microflo provides expert consulting on MagicTSD and Crystal Reports.

You will get answers more quickly if you read this before posting: faq149-3762

I too am struggling with this issue. I am using CR 8.5 on a MS SQL 7 database. I tried the Knowledge Base article and on the Data tab do not see a "Show Values" dropdown (only "Show" which gives you the option to select only one data summary). Is there something I am missing? Also, I would need to define "Others" of a TopN report in a similar way. Is that possible. Thanks for any assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back