Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stop Flash on Chrome, IE or FF 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

xwb

Programmer
Jul 11, 2002
GB
Is there a way to stop Flash from playing on Chrome, IE or Firefox. Every time I go on to one of those sites with Flash, I hear the CPU fan running and the battery life goes down significantly. A 2 hour battery only lasts 30 minutes!

KMeleon has a facility where I can choose whether to play the flash script or not. Do Chrome, IE and Firefox have a similar feature?

IE has a setting called "Do not play animations" but I think that only applies to animated gifs. The Flash stuff still runs.

It now lasts about 105 minutes a lot better than 30. That is with two partly clapped out batteries.

Thanks for the firefox addon. Hopefully it is portable across releases. I don't normally use addons because they are normally built for a particular version of the browser and sometimes don't have new versions when the new version of the browser is released.

I also found that if I turn down the volume, the battery lasts considerably longer. Should have paid more attention to my physics - sound and power are related.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back