Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stop Error "Inaccesible Boot Device" 0x0000007B

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheInsomniac

Technical User
May 31, 2004
US
I woke my PC from hibernation yesterday and received the error in the subject line, along with the follwing four parameters: (0x82084030, 0xc0000032, 0x00000000, 0x00000000).

I have read relevant posts on here and searched the web. I have also searched microsoft extensively for help. I have found similar problems with slightly different parameters occur when hard drives are partitioned or with installation of certain software (Roxio 5, for example). The problem also seems to be associated with new mobos and hard drives, corrupted hard drives and OS, or because of a boot sector virus.

I have installed no hardware or software and made no changes to the hard drive. As I have made no changes to my system, I assume my problem may then be hardware failure or a virus. I do not have a Win 2k recovery disk. The same error is also received under safe mode. Does anyone know of a way to troubleshoot this problem?

Since it happens when you try to go into safe mode it sounds like your hard drive has developed some errors.

I would recommend downloading a diagnostic tool from the maker of the drive and run a full test with it. If you find errors and the drive is under warranty you should have enough information to send it back.

It might be possible to ghost the data to a new drive even if its faulty as the whole drive might not be bad yet. But you do need to get a cd so you can repair your windows.

Even if your drive checks out ok you still most likely would need to use files from the cd or using Windows repair. So you better find your Install cd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back