Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stop Error Message 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gemini531

Technical User
Jul 21, 2001
US
When powering off a laptop I'm working on, I get a blue screen and "STOP 0x0000009F DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" error message in Windows 2000.

I've tried everything Microsoft suggested on their website but it didn't help.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

gemini531

check the DR WATSON log to see why the stop occured
run > msinfo32, choose tools > windows > Dr Watson

Have you tried this one?
SYMPTOMS
When you attempt to shut down a Windows 2000-based computer that is running AutoSave version 1.04 by V Communications, you may receive the following error message:

STOP 0x0000009F DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

CAUSE
This behavior is caused by the Autosave.sys file from AutoSave 1.04.

RESOLUTION
To prevent this behavior from occurring, obtain the AutoSave version 1.06 maintenance release from V Communications. This release is available at the following V Communications Web site:

The third-party contact information included in this article is provided to help you find the technical support you need. This contact information is subject to change without notice. Microsoft in no way guarantees the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

James Collins
Systems Support Engineer
A+, MCP

email: butchrecon@skyenet.net

Please let us (Tek-tips members) know if the solutions we provide are helpful to you. Not only do they help you but they may help others.

Theres about 10 .sys files that could be doing it, thats why i suggest checking Dr Watson

Had the same problem. Does your computer automatically restart immediately after shut down and the quick flash of the blue screen with this message? Neither I or my MCSE could figure this one out. After a few weeks it finally just crashed my whole Win2000 system and forced me to reload my C: drive. Luckily I had my data elsewhere. Looked everywhere in the MS Knowledge Base without luck.

Checked the Dr. Watson log and there is nothing in there.
Autosave is not installed. This is an IBM TP T-20 laptop running W2000 and exhibits the same symptoms that conceptumator described.

Thanks for your input.

gemini531

Some symantec software has been known to cause this error

it's something to do with certain versions of a file called symevent.sys (or similar name).

Have you got Nav (anti-virus), Pc anywhere or something similar - these programs can cause this error.

If you have try deinstalling to see if this solves it - if it does reinstall as it might update the sys files and still work.

Worth a go :)

Cheers

here are some possible causes:
macdrive.sys
logitech quick cam
symevent.sys
mrtRate.sys
Tpkd.sys
cpmdrvr.sys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search