Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

stop error installing xp pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
when installing windows xp pro i tried to do an upgrade and do a new install on another HD...both ways i got a stop error(blue screen) the said: IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and to make sure all new hardware is properly installed. Then i had to restart my comp. I took out my burner, my 2nd HD, and one stick of memory(in case anything was not compatible) none of this worked...could it be my modem causing all that trouble??
Thanks for your help! JSun

It has to do with Roxio direct CD, remove that first, specifically the udfreadr.sys and the cdudf.sys files in the windows\system32\drivers\ directory.

In such case when the XP has a blue screen its very critical...what i would do in such a case is i ould remove all the cards like modem,sound and network or /and scsi card is avaliable,disconnect my printers and scanners and the with the hard drive,RAM and the processor go about installing XP.I worked for me.
This error could be becos some of yr hardware is causing a IRO confict.Try his way it should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back