Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

stop error 0x80069582

Status
Not open for further replies.

tezza

Technical User
May 16, 2001
AU
I get an error message
STOP 0x0000000A (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x80069582)
Adress 80069582 base at 80062000
Datestamp 38/b75ae - hal.dll
Beginning dump of physical memory
physical Memory dump complete.

Contact... blah blah

I also have locks every now and then where my system just hangs. It is running Win 2000

AMD Athlon 850
64 MB Ram - Don't knokw it that's enough
VIA Kt133 Chipset

your memory of 64MB is certainly a lacking number if you are running win.200 pro. I would recommend you upgrade your memory to a MINIMUM of 128 megs (256 is even better but even 256 can, at times seem insufficient). Other than that get rid of all the icons that you dont need from the StartUp icon menu (a.k.a. all the little shortcut symbols that you see on the lower right-hand side of your desktop). And anytime you are installing a new application, de-select the check box when the installer prompts you to add a shortcut item to the startup menu. Take my word for it, these take away a lot of resources from your computer and i think this probabily will be the solution. And try to upgrade your ram. Its really cheap these days and it's easy to install yourself. good luck.

I upgraded my ram to 196MB. I have removed all cards and run the PC without them and it still locks. Does anyone know what that error number means? Is it a resource clash? I can't see any conflicts in System.

Thanks Guys

Boot your system with the Windows 2000 CDand select repair installation when prompted to.

if this does not help, back up all your data that you need. format and reinstall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back