Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stop duplicate counts 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrystalBox

IS-IT--Management
Mar 24, 2005
US
Hello, it's been quite a while since I last reached out to the Tek-Tip community. You guys saved me a few times on some reports i created and I thank you for that.

I created a bar chart a while back that I need to modify. I'm using Crystal reports 11 with MS Access.

Basically my chart has yearly counts of X,Y,Z which represents specific level of case events.

The fields of data I have are:
Case ID Allegations Class
12345 Discrimination Age
Failure to hire Age
Harassment Ethnicity

My goal is to get a true count of the "Class" field per Case ID. The example above returns a count of 2 under the "Class" "Age" and 1 for the "Class" "Ethnicity. because there are two "Allegations" with the same "Class", being "Age", it counts it twice. For my chart I would want to count it as one occurrence (Age). I hope that's clear enough.

I appreciate any help you can give me.

I think you just need to use a distinctcount of class instead of a count, assuming you have Case ID as your “on change of” value.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back